Website Manager Course
Learn to Manage Your Company’s Website
Perfect for the small business owner or employee. Learn what you need to know to manage your own website. Avoid the most common website mistakes and take control of your site!
This course is geared towards WordPress and Shopify websites.
Managing Your Website: A Course for Small Businesses
Learn How to Use and Maintain Your Company’s Website
This course will teach participants the technical skills necessary to manage a Website for their company. (Websites include WordPress and Shopify sites — call to check if your website platform is included.)
Learn quickly what you need to do to keep your website protected and keep your content updated. This course will help you avoid the most common mistakes made with Small Business Websites and give you the skills you need to take control of your Website.
Successful participants will complete the following main outcomes:
Updating Your Website Content
- Learn to plan, outline and write new content for your website.
- Successfully add new pages to your Website’s menu.
- Understand how to research and include SEO Keywords in Website content.
- Successfully change content on Website pages, ensuring technical aspects are correct.
Technology – Maintaining Your Website
- Understand the different features of your Website
- Set up a system for backing up and maintaining your Website.
- Set up a system for monitoring your Website’s traffic and security.
- Identify signs of possible problems with your Website, and understand basic steps to troubleshooting.
- Select and install trusted WordPress (or other) plugins.
Each session will build upon the skills learned in the previous session. Participants will be evaluated based on successful completion of the 9 main learning outcomes.
This course is delivered online, with scheduled formal class times. A combination of lectures, handouts, homework assignments and online group discussion will be used. Homework is provided and questions are answered and discussed within online discussion group for course participants.
This course is not currently available. Please contact me to inquire about our next session.
Session One: Intake Interview
- Discuss the participant’s website, goals for the website, and how they can benchmark for those goals.
- Participants will make and execute a plan over the following course sessions.
Session Two: Working with Your Website
- Understanding how to use the features of your website.
- How to change Sidebar and Footer Content
- How to change your Website’s Menu
- How to select and configure plugins
Session Three: Working with Website Content on Pages and Posts
- Updating your Website’s content on Pages
- Technical Aspects: working with images, links, embedding videos, adding categories and tags and more.
- Understand how content contributes to the website’s success as a marketing tool.
- How to evaluate your Website’s Content.
- How to plan for upcoming content.
Session Four: Proper Maintenance of Your Website
- Check for vulnerabilities in website maintenance system.
- Set up a system to backup and maintain your Website
- Select, install and configure a security plugin
- Stop Spam on your Website
- Best Practices: Maintaining Passwords and User Accounts
Session Four: An Introduction to Website Speed, SEO and Troubleshooting
- How to check and improve your Website’s speed rating
- How to improve your Website’s on-page SEO
- How to spot problems when updating your website
- What to do about website problems.
- This course is for small businesses who already have a Website (or are developing a website) but need to learn how to manage and update it properly. This course is ideal for training owners or employees who will be responsible for Website maintenance and updates.
Is this course right for you?
My courses are offered in small group sessions. In order to provide the best possible experience, please send me an email with some information about yourself and your business.
This course is not currently available. Email me for more information at [email protected]
YOU Can Do This.
Getting your business to thrive on the web is within your reach.
I’ll teach you how to get your online “stuff” together with courses and FREE lessons. Don’t miss out — sign up and keep in touch!